L. Monty Garside
Monty Garside began his professional career in Atlanta, where he has practiced primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and entertainment law for the past 13 years. A seasoned entertainment attorney manager and consultant with deep media relationships, Mr. Garside brings a wealth of transactional experience to Asgard Worldwide Services. In 2010, Mr. Garside was recognized by Atlanta Magazine as a Georgia Super Lawyers “Rising Star,’ and again in 2012 by Georgia Trend Magazine as one of Georgia’s “Legal Elite” for his work in entertainment law. In addition to his practice, Mr. Garside has operated his own entertainment and management consulting company since 2004. Most recently, he has served as VP of Business and Legal Affairs for Marquee TV, Inc., a startup television network set to launch in 2016.
Mr. Garside also has experience in the review of contracts, licensing and negotiations for individuals in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2002; Co-chair, Moot Court Board; National Moot Court Team; Deans’ Advisory Council; Advocacy Award (for outstanding contribution to Duke Law Moot Court Board); Sports & Entertainment Law Society; Black Law Student Association; Men’s Basketball Campout Committee; Duke Graduate and Professional Student Association; President, Duke Black Graduate and Professional Student Association; Smith Helms Mulliss & Moore and Foley & Lardner Scholarship recipient.
- Florida A&M University, B.S. in Political Science, summa cum laude, 1999; Life Gets Better/Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Program; Solicitor General, FAMU Student Supreme Court; Hatchett Pre-Law Society (Vice-President).
Professional & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Georgia (admitted 2002)
- Northern and Middle District Courts of Georgia
- American Bar Association, Member, Business Law Section; Chair, Young Lawyer Committee; Content Committee; Business Law Fellow
- Minds In Motion, Inc., Member, Board of Directors (2007-present)
- Jennifer Gail Gordon Memorial Scholarship, Member, Selection Committee (2006-2008)
Contact L. Monty Garside
- +1 678 637 8381 Direct
- +1 813 280 0221 Fax
- 1170 Peachtree Street, Suite 1200 Atlanta, Georgia 30309
- AsgardWorldwide Skype