Sherwin P. Simmons II
Sherwin Simmons is a Principal of Asgard Worldwide Services. Mr. Simmons serves as a trusted advisor to businesses and high net worth individuals with a primary focus on minimizing clients’ world-wide tax exposure. Mr. Simmons has extensive experience with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) including the analysis, complex planning, implementation, oversight and operations associated with FATCA. Mr. Simmons’ clients include companies in banking, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, energy and technology. Additionally, he advises foreign and domestic clients on tax implications of cross-border transactions and advises on structuring and planning to maximize tax benefits under U.S. tax treaties in order to minimize overall U.S. and foreign taxes.
Mr. Simmons is also experienced in providing sophisticated wealth planning strategies as well as structuring for families, businesses and entrepreneurs. He assists with their personal and business planning needs and the implementation of asset protection structures. Mr. Simmons has significant experience assisting high net worth families with international and domestic estate planning, foreign trust structures, business succession planning and general tax planning.
Mr. Simmons has assisted numerous professional athletes and entertainers with their personal planning and structuring needs.
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2002; Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Managing Editor; American Bar Association, Law Student Division; International Law Society; Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, Treasurer; Sports and Entertainment Law Society; Keith J. Shapiro Consumer Bankruptcy Writing Award, Recipient
- Florida State University, B.A., 1998; Political Science and International Relations, Gold Key Honorary Society; Order of Omega Honorary Society; Alpha Affiliate for Sigma Nu Fraternity
Professional & Community Involvement
- The Brazil-Florida Business Council, Inc. (BFBC), Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Fellow and Chairman of the Young Lawyer Committee; International Law, Taxation and Young Lawyers Division, Member
- The Florida Bar, International, Business, Taxation, Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
Contact Sherwin P. Simmons II
- +1 813 280 0223 Direct
- +1 813 280 0221 Fax
3615 East Frontage Road, Suite A
Tampa, Florida 33607
- AsgardWorldwide Skype
- +1 305 504 2100 Direct
- +1 305 985 6034 Fax
2600 South Douglas Road, Suite 501
Miami, Florida 33134